Public Media & Community Organizations
Advocate FOR THE PEOPLE OF PUERTO RICO
And Their VOICE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE
WVQR 90.1 FM - RADIO VIEQUES
The island of Vieques is not recovering from Hurricane Maria.
Inhabited in part by indigenous people, the four year international campaign against the use of Vieques as a US Naval bombing range ended in 2010.
But today, the people of Vieques are suffering, not only from the hurricane’s devastation, but also from the Category 5 storm’s distribution of highly dangerous toxic waste that the US military never cleaned up.
- Help us raise awareness and funds for Radio Vieques, a powerful voice for humanitarian and environmental justice.
- Receive $5 for each $20 contribution inspired by your advocacy.
- People indicate which organization inspired their $20 contribution to A4MD when making a donation.
- Promote “Artists For Vieques” to your constituents.
- Register your organization and start advocating today.
When people donate $20 to A4MD, they receive “Artists For Vieques” - a digital download album featuring 20 songs of beautiful, inspiring music from Willie Nelson & Family, Calle 13, Los Lonely Boys, and more artists from Puerto Rico, Austin, Texas, North Carolina, Oklahoma and the Navajo Nation.
“Artists for Vieques” benefits the people of Vieques and eastern Puerto Rico via WVQR - 90.1 FM, a full power public radio station broadcasting for peace, environmental justice, human rights and cultural diversity.